Sector Based Work Academies
The sector-based work academy programme (SWAP) helps those receiving unemployment benefits get a job in a new area of work.
SWAP placements last up to 6 weeks. They give you the skills you need for a specific role and are often linked to local job vacancies.
We are working with Lewisham College and local employers to provide SWAPs training.
What SWAP placements can offer
- training matched to the skills you need for the job
- work experience, so you can find out if you like the job before applying
- a job interview (some SWAP placements guarantee you an interview at the end).
What sectors does SWAP cover?
SWAP placements have provided training for jobs in:
- health and social care
- facilities and security
Find a SWAP placement
Speak to the Job Centre Plus to find out if you are eligible for SWAP and what the next steps are.
Employers looking to offer a SWAP
SWAP placements can help you recruit a workforce with the right skills to sustain and grow your business.
We can match the skills you need with local candidates.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- what skills you are looking for
- if you can guarantee an interview for anyone who trains with you.