Apply for an animal activity licence
About the new regulations
The regulations came into effect on 1 October 2018 and replaced the licensing and registrations under the following legislation:
- Animal Boarding Establishments Act 1963.
- Riding Establishments Acts 1964 and 1970.
- Breeding of Dogs Act 1973 and Breeding and Sale of Dogs (Welfare) Act 1999.
- Performing Animals (Regulation) Act 1925.
If you have a licence that was valid on 1 October 2018 under one of these pieces of legislation, it will be valid until it expires. Once it has expired you will need to apply for an animal activity licence under the new regulations.
Zoos and dangerous and wild animals will continue to be licensed under existing legislation.
Applying for a licence
To apply for an animal activity licence, download the application form below and send it by post to:
Lewisham Licensing Authority
9 Holbeach Road
Our fees are split into two parts:
- An application fee of £229 that you will pay when you submit the application.
- A grant fee of £437 that you will pay just before you are granted the licence.
We do not accept cheques or postal orders. An officer will call you at each stage of the application to take the payment over the phone by debit or credit card.