Damien Egan, Mayor of Lewisham
The Mayor of Lewisham, Damien Egan, chooses councillors to form the cabinet. The cabinet and the Mayor collectively make key decisions about local services. The Mayor is responsible for the strategic direction of the Council, leads the community and speaks up for the borough. The Mayor is also the cabinet portfolio holder for COVID-19 response and recovery.
Councillor Chris Best, Deputy Mayor of Lewisham and Cabinet Member for Health and Adult Social Care
Deputy Mayor responsibilities
- Council events, including People's Day and Blackheath Fireworks
- Civic calendar
- Mayor's Charity.
Cabinet Member for Health and Adult Social Care responsibilities
- Adult social care, including care home and at-home provision and quality assurance
- Public health
- Mental health
- Birmingham & Lewisham African and Caribbean Health Inequalities Review (BLACHIR)
- Health and social care integration
- Adult safeguarding
- Joint commissioning
- Supporting people
- Older people, including representation, active citizenship, combating isolation, housing, technology, aids and adaptions
- Technology, aids and adaptions.
Councillor Kevin Bonavia, Cabinet Member for Democracy, Refugees and Accountability
- Corporate Strategy implementation
- Policy development
- Refugee resettlement and migrant support
- Customer services and complaints
- Digital strategy
- Local Democracy Review
- Legal services
- Democratic and electoral services
- Trade unions
- Armed Forces Covenant.
Councillor Chris Barnham, Cabinet Member for School Performance and Children's Services
- Primary and secondary school performance
- School admissions, attendance, inclusion and school place planning
- Special Educational Needs
- Early years education and childcare
- Early help, including children’s centres and family support
- Children’s social care including child protection, support for children in need, corporate parenting for looked after children
- Youth Offending Service (YOS)
- Youth services, including Youth First
- Young Mayor's programme.
Councillor Paul Bell, Cabinet Member for Housing and Planning
- Social housing building programme
- Housing need, including lettings and allocations policy
- Homelessness and temporary accommodation
- Landlord licensing
- Private rented sector regulation
- Gypsies and Travellers.
Councillor Brenda Dacres, Cabinet Member for Safer Communities
- Youth violence
- Youth justice
- Partnership with police
- Regulatory services
- Environmental Health
- Trading Standards
- Noise enforcement
- Anti-social behaviour
- Violence against women and girls
- Bakerloo Line Extension.
Councillor Sophie McGeevor, Cabinet Member for Environment and Transport
- Environment and climate change
- Air quality
- Parks and green spaces
- Recycling and waste reduction
- Street cleaning and fly tipping
- Bereavement services
- Renewable energy, including district heat networks
- Transport, including walking and cycling
- Parking strategy and enforcement.
Councillor Amanda de Ryk, Cabinet Member for Finance and Resources
- Council budget
- Community Wealth Building
- Human resources and organisational development
- Income generation
- Internal audit
- Revenue collection and benefits
- Council contracting
- Ethical procurement and modern slavery
- Emergency planning and resilience.
Councillor Jonathan Slater, Cabinet Member for the Community Sector
- Local Assemblies
- Community development
- Community centres
- Lewisham Disabled People's Commission
- Adult Learning Lewisham
- Accessibility Commission
- Child poverty
- Fuel poverty.
Councillor Joe Dromey and Cllr André Bourne, Cabinet Member for Culture, Jobs and Skills (job share)
Within the portfolio, Cllr Dromey leads on:
- Local economic development and inclusive growth
- Youth employment
- Mayor's Apprenticeship programme
- Business and retail support
- Social enterprise
- Higher education
- further education
- Welfare reform.
Within the portfolio, Cllr Bourne leads on:
- Culture, including London Borough of Culture 2022 programme
- Leisure entres
- Broadway Theatre
- Sports development and London Youth Games
- Evening and night time economy.
Councillor Joani Reid
Councillor Joani Reid is currently on maternity leave.