The Mayor of Lewisham, Damien Egan, chooses councillors to form his cabinet. The cabinet helps the Mayor make key decisions. On this page you can see a list of current cabinet members' responsibilities.
Damien Egan, Mayor of Lewisham
Councillor Chris Best, Deputy Mayor of Lewisham and Cabinet Member for Health and Adult Social Care
Deputy Mayor responsibilities
- Civic events
- Mayor’s Charity
- Young Mayor's programme.
Cabinet Member for Health and Adult Social Care responsibilities
- Adult social care, including care home and at-home provision and quality assurance
- Health and social care integration
- Adult safeguarding
- Joint commissioning
- Mental health
- Public health
- Supporting people
- Older people, including representation, active citizenship, combating isolation, housing, technology, aids and adaptions
- Technology, aids and adaptions.
Councillor Kevin Bonavia, Cabinet Member for Democracy, Refugees and Accountability
- Corporate Strategy implementation
- Policy development
- Refugee resettlement and migrant support
- Customer services and complaints
- Digital strategy
- Local Democracy Review
- Legal services
- Democratic and electoral services
- Trade unions
- Armed Forces Covenant.
Councillor Chris Barnham, Cabinet Member for School Performance and Children's Services
- Primary and secondary school performance
- School admissions, attendance, inclusion and school place planning
- Special Educational Needs
- Early years education and childcare
- Early help, including children’s centres and family support
- Children’s social care including child protection, support for children in need, corporate parenting for looked after children
- Youth services.
Councillor Paul Bell, Cabinet Member for Housing
Social housing building programme
- Housing need, including lettings and allocations policy
- Homelessness and temporary accommodation
- Landlord licensing
- Private rented sector regulation
- Gypsies and Travellers.
Councillor Brenda Dacres, Cabinet Member for Safer Communities
- Youth violence
- Youth justice
- Partnership with police
- Regulatory services
- Environmental Health
- Trading Standards
- Noise enforcement
- Anti-social behaviour
- Violence against women and girls
- Bakerloo Line Extension.
Councillor Jonathan Slater, Cabinet Member for the Community Sector
- Local Assemblies
- Community development
- Council events including People’s Day and Blackheath Fireworks
- Community centres
- Accessibility Commission
- Child poverty
- Community energy.
Councillor Amanda de Ryk, Cabinet Member for Finance and Resources
- Council budget
- Human resources and organisational development
- Internal audit
- Revenue collection and benefits
- Income generation
- Council contracting
- Ethical procurement and modern slavery.
Councillor Joe Dromey and Cllr André Bourne, Cabinet Member for Culture, Jobs and Skills (job share)
Within the portfolio, Cllr Dromey leads on:
- Local economic development and inclusive growth
- Youth employment
- Apprenticeship programme
- Social enterprise
- Business and retail support
- Adult education, HE and FE
- Welfare reform.
Within the portfolio, Cllr Bourne leads on:
- Leisure centres
- Broadway Theatre
- Sports development and London Youth Games
- Evening and night time economy.
Councillor Sophie McGeevor, Cabinet Member for Environment and Transport
- Air quality
- Environment and climate change
- Parks and green spaces
- Recycling and waste reduction
- Street cleaning and fly tipping
- Street markets
- Bereavement services
- Parking strategy and enforcement
- Healthy neighbourhoods.
Councillor Joani Reid
Councillor Joani Reid is currently on maternity leave.