Lewisham Mayor’s Awards 2020: Response to Coronavirus
The Mayor’s Award scheme was launched in 2017 to recognise those who live, work or study in Lewisham who volunteer time and support to benefit others in our borough.
This year we are recognising the amazing contribution of so many people who have played a role in the borough’s response to COVID-19. People have contributed in so many ways including:
- formal volunteering
- helping a neighbour
- starting a local support group
- donating money and food
- businesses redirecting services and goods.
- Going over and above in their jobs.
Nominate someone you know that has made a difference during the coronavirus pandemic for the Mayor’s Award.
Nominations were open from 12 October to 6 December.
The categories for the awards are:
- Individual e.g. a neighbour helping a neighbour or volunteering through a local mutual aid group or going over and above in their job.
- Young person (for people aged 21 and under) e.g. a young person helping an older person, supporting food distribution.
- Business e.g. giving free food to food banks or making the business more community focused.
- Community group or voluntary organisation e.g. adapting or setting up new activities in response to the circumstances.
Please bear in mind this is not an exhaustive list of examples.
Process and recognition
It’s been a different year so we are taking a different approach to the Mayor’s Award this year.
We will take a selection of stories and make short videos to show the diversity of the contributions. The videos will be available to watch on www.iamlewisham.uk from Monday 18 January 2021.
Who you can nominate
You can nominate any individuals, young person aged 21 and under, community group or voluntary organisation, or business.
As well as voluntary work, this year you can nominate someone for going over and above in a paid role in response to COVID-19.
You can make more than one nomination e.g. for more than one individual or a young person and a business.
You can nominate previous nominees from past year’s Mayor’s Awards again.
Who you can’t nominate
You can’t nominate:
- an elected Lewisham Councillor
- you cannot make a nomination to obtain or reward political favour, or reward or promote political activities.
How to nominate a person, organisation or business
Nominations closed at midnight on Sunday 6 December 2020.
Call 0208 314 7733 or email email@example.com if you need anymore information about the awards.