Renaissance development at the southern end of Loampit Vale
Building work is now well underway on the development at the southern end of Loampit Vale, which is being marketed by our development partner Barratt Homes under the name 'Renaissance'.
- Eight buildings ranging in height from five to 24 storeys.
- Glass Mill leisure centre which incorporates an eight-lane, 25 metre swimming pool, a teaching pool, a gym, a café and crèche, a health spa and an indoor climbing wall. Glass Mill opened June 2013, and won the 'Best Built Project – Community Scale' category of the 2012/13 London Planning Awards
- 88 new homes, 146 of which are for affordable rent. (Assael Architecture have designed the residential parts of the scheme.)
- A series of commercial units, some of which will be used by creative businesses to encourage this particular industry in the local community.
- Community facilities including a new venue for the Lewisham City Mission, currently located on Vian Street.
- Many energy saving features which will reduce potential carbon emissions by 44%, helping to make it one of the first mixed-use developments in the UK to reach Code 4 of the Code for Sustainable Homes.
Renaissance is being built in phases over a five year period, and Barratt Homes are currently progressing the final phase.
Our vision for Loampit Vale is for a cluster of high-quality developments which make the most of their excellent location close to the public transport interchange and Lewisham Gateway.
You might also be interested in:
- The Planning process in relation to major developments
Type: pdf I Size: 162.2kb