Who can get a bursary
A bursary of up to £1,200 a year is available for young people aged 16 to 19 who are in education and:
- are in care
- are care leavers
- get income support
- get both Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance.
This could include:
- some teenage parents
- young people estranged from their families
- those whose parents have died.
Other students facing financial difficulties may also be able to claim a bursary to help with costs of:
- other course-related costs.
How to apply
You can apply for the fund directly through your school, college or training provider, who will decide:
- how much funding you can get
- when it is paid
- if there are any conditions attached.
Find out more from GOV.UK.