Submit a building application or request a site inspection
Changes to the Scheme of Delegation
On 29 March 2023, members agreed changes to the Council’s constitution and scheme of delegation.
The new scheme will be applied to applications with a Statutory Start Date of 30 March 2023 or later. The changes are:
- 10 or more objections will be required to trigger a planning committee meeting
- A scheme with an amenity society objection will be referred to a Chairs’ Review meeting
Use this service to:
- submit a building notice
- apply for full plans approval
- apply for work that has been done without approval (regularisation)
- request an inspection
- view online history of building applications and inspections.
Before you start
You will need to:
- Log in or create an account on our building control portal to submit a building application. This is different from a Lewisham website account.
- Click on ‘submit building application’ and follow the on screen instructions.
- You will need to pay online using a credit or debit card.
- If you’re unable to make a payment online, you’ll need to complete a paper application.
What happens next
- We will send you an email confirmation with your reference number, after we receive your application.
- You’ll be given the name and contact details of your site inspector while we process your application.
Published on: 09/06/2022