Lewisham Council Homepage Skip navigation

Ways to report VAWG

Find out what to do if you suspect someone is a victim of or at risk of violence or abuse.
Safe Space Online
Together we can end domestic abuse

Get help now

If you are in danger now call 999.

If not, contact the Athena service:

Exit this site

How to report non-emergencies

In non emergencies you can report it to your local police station or by calling the police on 101.

Where to get advice

  • If you have concerns about a friend, relative, colleague or neighbour – or perhaps someone else you think might be suffering from violent abuse – you can get advice on the support available and actions you can take to keep them safe by contacting the Athena Service by phone 0800 112 4052 or by emailing lewishamvawg@refuge.org.uk.
  • You can also contact the free 24-hour National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247.

Report concerns about a child or young person under 18

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask us anything