Lewisham Council Homepage Skip navigation

Pay your rent

You can pay your rent online for Lewisham Homes and Regenter properties, by Direct Debit, on the phone or in person at shops or post offices.

Set up a direct debit or standing order

Direct debit

This is the easiest way to pay your rent. The rent due is automatically deducted from your bank account on a weekly, four-weekly or monthly basis.

For Lewisham Homes phone 0800 0282 028 and select option two for the Income Team.

Standing order

You can set up a standing order which will automatically transfer your rent payment. You only have to change your standing order if your rent changes. 

For Lewisham Homes you can download a Standing Order form from the Lewisham Homes website. Once completed, please take the standing order form directly to your bank.

For Regenter you can view more information on the Regenter website.

Pay online

Make a payment with debit and credit cards at our secure online payments site.

Phone payments

We have a TouchTone card payment service on 020 8690 8707.

This service is open 24/7 and can process council tax, rents, leasehold payments, business rates and housing benefit overpayments.

Pay in person using your Payment Card

  • shops and garages displaying the PayPoint sign – cash only
  • Post Offices – cash or cheque only
  • Lewisham Homes reception at the Old Town Hall – cash or cheque only.

Contact your housing manager if you need a new payment card.

Replacing your payment card

For Lewisham Homes you can order a new payment card on the Lewisham Homes website.

For Regenter please phone 0207 635 1200.

Problems paying your rent?

As a tenant you are responsible for keeping your rent payments up to date, otherwise you may lose your tenancy with the Council.

If you are having trouble paying your rent, talk to your housing provider.

  • contact Lewisham Homes Income Team on 0800 028 2028
  • contact Regenter on 0207 635 1200

We also recommend you speak to Citizens' Advice, who will advise you of your rights and options.

You may be able to apply for housing benefit or Universal Credit,

Useful websites