- Are you a young person living in Lewisham, aged 18 -24?
- Are you looking for employment, training, apprenticeships, or education, or are thinking about your career options?
Young Futures can help.
Our team are here to support you with your next steps. This could be education, training, employment or an apprenticeship– whatever it is we are here to help you make the right choice.
We offer Lewisham residents aged 18-24 a personalised one-to-one specialist information, advice and guidance service providing access to training, job and other development opportunities.
We also publish a weekly Jobs and Opportunities Bulletin email with a range of local opportunities available.
How does it work?
- Step 1 Sign up on our registration form below (takes less than a minute) or email your details over to YoungFutures@lewisham.gov.uk
- Step 2 You will be signed up to our weekly Jobs and Opportunities Bulletin (by email)
- Step 3 We will get in touch with you and arrange a one-on-one conversation with one of our Employment and Training Advisors. They get to know you, your goals, aspirations and current situation. They will then work with you to understand what support you may need, develop a plan of action, and help identify suitable opportunities.
- Step 4 What happens next depends on what you decide your goals are and what you want support with! This could include helping with your CV, help with applications, tailored search for opportunities, working closely with employers to help you make links with them through our Jobs Broker, and introduction to referral relevant organisations that best meet your needs.
- Step 5 Ongoing support when you have found an opportunity.
Where can we support you?
This depends on what suits you best. Services can be delivered virtually, but we will also be able to meet in person at one of a few locations in the borough.
- Unit 19 – Lewisham Shopping Centre (opposite Greggs)
- Old Town Hall or Laurence House – Catford
- Youth Club – Lewisham Islamic Centre – (second Thursday of the month drop-in 2pm-5pm)
- Some of our partners will also host drop-in sessions where we will be present.
Tel: 020 8314 9190
Mobile/WhatsApp – 07721 233459
Want to speak to an adviser?
Young Futures Jobs and Opportunities Bulletin
Our team produces a weekly Jobs and Opportunities bulletin, sent out by email on a Monday. This has opportunities in the following categories:
- partnership vacancies
- jobs, Apprenticeships
- training and Courses
- work Experience and Volunteering
- networks and Opportunities
To subscribe to the newsletter please register with us and you will automatically be subscribed. If you do not see the email on the following Monday, please check your junk mail filter.