How to apply for secondary schools
Read our step-by-step guide to applying for a secondary school place.
Children born between 1 September 2011 and 31 August 2012 need to apply for places to start secondary school in September 2023.
- Apply online for a secondary school place by 11.59pm on 31 October 2022
- Read our step-by-step guide to applying online
When you start your application, the system will identify your home local authority from your postcode and your application will be sent electronically to your council when you submit. Make sure your home address and postcode are correct, especially if you have made an online application for your children before.
- Making an early or later application
- How the preference system works
- Residents living in new developments
- Applications from overseas
Step by step guide to making an online application
Secondary School Admissions and Appeals
Laurence House, 1 Catford Road, SE6 4RU
Published on: 28/02/2022