Careers education, information, advice and guidance in schools
Find out about our careers education, information, advice and guidance programme (CEIAG), which raises awareness of post–16 pathways in all local secondary schools.
Aims of the programme
Our CEIAG programme is delivered by fully-trained careers guidance practitioners and:
- complements our apprenticeship programme and established practice in the borough
- develops the pathway as a real alternative to university and increase the number of young people in the borough taking up traineeships and apprenticeships
- improves borough-wide awareness of post-16 employment pathways including traineeships and apprenticeships
- provides access to traineeship and apprenticeship ambassadors for local schools
- offers post-16 events, assemblies, one-to-one advice and guidance, parents' evenings and employer talks.
What the programme offers
- One-to-one interviews, small group advice and guidance sessions.
- Attendance at option evenings and parents evenings.
- Action plans and an on-going programme of support targeted at young people identified at risk of not being in education, employment or training (NEET), or not making a post-16 transition.
- Support with post-16 applications.
- In-school support on GCSE and other results days.
- Support for schools in their broader careers education activities.
- To facilitate school and borough-wide careers events, industry days, progression, apprenticeships or higher education (HE) events.
- Employer talks, career fairs, motivational speakers, college and university visits, coaches and mentors.
Lewisham Education Business Partnership
Published on: 14/04/2021