Benefit cap – exemptions and protection
If you or your partner or any children who live with you are entitled to the following benefits you will not be subject to the benefit cap.
- working tax credit
- attendance allowance
- support component of employment support allowance
- war widow / widower’s pension
- disability living allowance
- personal independence payment
- industrial injuries benefit
- armed forces compensation scheme payment
- war pension scheme payments.
Some claimants who have been in employment for 52 weeks or more prior to when they claim benefit will be exempt from the benefit cap for a limited 'grace' period of up to 39 weeks.