Lewisham Council Homepage Skip navigation

Adult social care – help to care for children

Find out what help is available with caring for children.

Find childcare and other family services

Young carers

A young carer is someone under 18 who looks after an adult with a long-term disability, long-term illness, mental health condition or problems with drugs or alcohol.

Find out about support for young carers.