Welcome Back Fund
Find out about our plans to support town centres and high streets in the borough to be vibrant and thriving.
Lewisham Council has received Government funding through the Welcome Back Fund to support town centres and high streets to be vibrant and thriving by:
- Driving footfall
- Ensuring that they are welcoming to local residents and visitors
- Supporting local businesses
- Promoting the local offer
- Ensuring that they are welcoming places that people want to visit and enjoy.
Through this fund we are planning to:
- Deliver a communications campaign to promote local high streets, spotlight local businesses and attract visitors
- Work with local organisations to deliver events and activities that will welcome people back to the high streets and town centres, boost footfall and support local businesses
- Explore the use of data relating to town centres and high streets to support their recovery and help to build resilience
- Develop Evening and Night Time Economy (ENTE) action plans.