Book a citizenship ceremony
Attending a ceremony
Once your application for British citizenship is approved by the Home Office you will be invited to attend a citizenship ceremony. This is the final step on the journey to becoming a British citizen.
You can find full details of citizenship ceremonies on the Home Office website.
You must attend a citizenship ceremony if you are over 18 years old and living in the UK.
Children under 18 years old don't have to attend a ceremony but are encouraged to.
Where the ceremony happens
We hold group ceremonies at The Civic Suite Catford SE6 9SE
What you should bring to the ceremony
- Your original invitation letter or email from the Home Office.
- Your passport or photo ID.
At the ceremony
During the ceremony:
- you’ll swear or affirm an oath of allegiance to the Crown
- you'll make a pledge to uphold UK values and laws
- you’ll be presented with a certificate of British citizenship.
You can also arrange a private ceremony. Private ceremonies are also held at The Register Office.
You can ask us for a specific date when you enquire. We will consider your dates but they may not be available.
Private ceremonies cost £110 per citizen.