Mayor of Lewisham Community Awards 2024
These awards are an annual opportunity to celebrate inspirational local people, businesses and groups who go above and beyond to support the community - which is all the more important during the current cost-of-living crisis.
Contributions might include:
- businesses making donations or redirecting goods
- helping a neighbour
- running a local support group
- running donation drives or efforts to help others in need
- volunteering at a community space or project
How to nominate
Check back here in January 2024 to fill in an online form.
The categories for the awards are:
- individual e.g. a neighbour helping a neighbour or volunteering through a local mutual aid group or community lounge.
- young person (for people aged 21 and under) e.g. a young person helping an older person, supporting food distribution, volunteering as a first aider or cadet.
- business e.g. giving free food to food banks or making the business more community focused.
- community group or faith group that focuses on voluntary contribution as part of their work.
Process and recognition
2024 will be the seventh year of the Community Awards, anyone who gets nominated will receive a certificate of recognition and an invitation to attend the event taking place in June 2024.
Who you can nominate
You can nominate any individuals, young person aged 21 and under, community group or voluntary organisation, or business.
You can make more than one nomination e.g. for more than one individual or a young person and a business.
You can nominate previous nominees from past year’s Mayor’s Awards again.
Who you can’t nominate
You can’t nominate:
- an elected Lewisham Councillor
- you cannot make a nomination to obtain or reward political favour, or reward or promote political activities
- a business or person for doing paid work, e.g someone who is paid for working at a charity organisation
Please note that multiple nominations does not increase your chance of recognition.