Join the library
Limited services are available at Hub and Community Libraries due to COVID-19 restrictions. Find out more about changes to our library service.We are keeping COVID-secure measures in place across our buildings to protect our staff, residents and visitors
Please continue to wear a face covering if you can and maintain social distance in our buildings. This includes our libraries, leisure centres and learning centres.
How to join
- Download and complete the library application form below. Alternatively, you can ask for a copy of the form in any of our libraries or join online through Enterprise.
- Bring your completed form along to any of our libraries, along with proof of your full name and current address. One official document is the minimum proof required.
You will then be given a library card, and will be able to borrow items straight away.
If you are 13 or under
If you are 13 or under:
You need a parent, legal guardian or teacher to act as your guarantor.
You need to give us your date of birth. This is because some of our DVDs and videos have age restrictions, and because some of our fees vary according to your age.
What you get
With your library card you can:
borrow from any of the libraries in the borough.
access our online services including the library catalogue and a range of online reference databases.
borrow and reserve items from any of the 17 libraries in The Libraries Consortium.
attend numerous events and activities in library spaces.
What you can borrow
You can borrow the following:
- books – including graphic novels, reference books, large print and talking books
- print media – including newspapers and magazines
- CDs, DVDs, videos, CD-ROMS
You can also download books, audio, newspapers and magazines from our eLibrary.
Library membership form