Pledge to tackle race inequalities in education
We want your help with improving our website so it is easier to use, and provides the information that residents need. Help us by filling in this short survey.
We will work to address the inequalities that result from historic, systemic racist policies and practices.
We pledge to take actions that will address access and opportunity for all pupils, by highlighting inequalities and increasing awareness.
We commit to:
- Targeting ambitious outcomes for Black Caribbean heritage and Black and Minority Ethnic pupils
- Reducing exclusions of Black Caribbean heritage pupils of all ages
- Leaders and governors taking a whole school approach to tackling race inequality
- Transparent reporting and sharing of borough-wide data trends
- Working together in new ways and sharing good practice to tackle race inequality in our school cultures and curriculum
- Actively developing high quality relationships with Black Caribbean heritage and Black and Minority Ethnic pupils and their parents
- Improving Black representation in school leadership and governing bodies.