Support in a power cut
If you live in a UK Power Networks area you can apply if:
you are dependent on medical equipment
you are chronically sick
you have a disability
you are blind or visually impaired
you have a hearing impairment or who are deaf
have a young baby
you are elderly
you run a nursing or residential home
What support can you get?
Your power may not be restored more quickly but you will receive:
- a priority phone number that you can call 24hours a day if you have a power cut
- a welcome pack with useful advice about preparing for a power cut
- regular text messages or phone updates during a power cut
- extra support from the British Red Cross to visit your home (if you agree)
How to apply
Call 0800 31 63 105
- Contact Priority Services Coordinator, UK Power Networks, Fore Hamlet, Ipswich, IP3 8AA
Who are UK Power Networks?
UK Power Networks own and maintain electricity cables and lines across London, the South East and East of England. You don’t pay your electricity bills to UK Power Networks. Your electricity supplier is the company you choose to buy your electricity from, and who you pay your bills to.