Fully funded business start-up support for entrepreneurs
If you have always wanted to start a business, or have just taken your first steps into entrepreneurship, the programme can help you get business support and turn your idea into a reality.
What you will get
You can get a range of fully funded services including:
- Fully funded quarterly workshops for aspiring entrepreneurs and early stage start-ups
- walk-in access to business resources and databases like COBRA
- one-to-one business information sessions with borough SME champions
- a programme of events, including live screenings from the British Library’s Business & IP Centre.
Once completed, you will be awarded a personalised Start-ups in London Libraries certificate.
You will also meet like-minded people and gain the confidence you need to make your business a success!
Who can take part
To take part you need to be:
- the owner of a business which is either not trading or has been registered at Companies House for less than 12 months
- an aspiring entrepreneur with a business idea you want to develop.
How to book on to a workshop
To take part, just book yourself in to a workshop by using the links below. Future workshops will be available to book nearer the time.
All SiLL workshops are currently being held online. Please email SiLL@lewisham.gov.uk in advance if you need support with access.
Core SiLL workshops Day 1:
What next for my business idea?
Register for Day 1, on 5 October 2021, 10am-5pm
Register for Day 1, on 2 November 2021, 10am-5pm
Day 2: Get ready for business
Register for Day 2, on 4 November 2021, 10am-5pm
Additional SiLL workshops
Register for Part One, 1 November 2021, 10am-1pm
Register for Part Two, 5 November 2021, 10am-1pm
Financial essentials for start-ups
Register for Get Ready for Business: FINANCE, 27 October 2021, 10am-5pm
All SiLL workshops are currently being held online and participants should email SiLL@lewisham.gov.uk in advance if they require support with access or session booking.
Find out more
Our partner library network also includes the following London boroughs: Bexley, Croydon, Greenwich, Haringey, Lambeth, Newham, Southwark, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
The project is fully funded by the European Regional Development Fund, the British Library, ten participating London boroughs, and generously supported by JP Morgan and Arts Council England.