Lewisham Council Homepage Skip navigation

Options when moving out

If you are thinking about moving home and you have eligible needs we can offer social care support and a personal budget. We also have information and advice on services that can support you locally.
Can't find what you're looking for or worried about someone's safety?

Contact us.

Supported tenancies for people with disabilities

Supported tenancies are aimed at helping people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities or with sight or hearing loss, to live in their own home regardless of the level of disability.

Extra care housing for over-55s and adults with disabilities

Read about extra care housing for adults over 55 or with a disability.

Sheltered housing

Sheltered or supported housing lets older people live independently, in comfort and security, with the opportunity to socialise and get involved in leisure activities when they choose.

Care homes

Care homes offer 24-hour care and support and are often run by the Council, voluntary sector and private sector providers.

Living with a family

The Shared Lives scheme offers vulnerable adults the opportunity to live with approved families and carers within their local community.
Can't find what you're looking for? Ask us anything