Lewisham Council Homepage Skip navigation

Information for landlords

Information for landlords about leasing or letting your property to people on our housing list and about house in multiple occupation (HMO) licences.
We are proposing some changes to the Housing Allocation Scheme

Let us know what you think of the proposed changes to the housing allocation scheme by 14 March 2021

Lewisham is in National lockdown: Stay at home restrictions

Find out about the COVID-19 restrictions.

Civil Penalty Notices

Lewisham Council can issue a Civil Penalty Notice as an alternative to prosecution if a landlord or agent commits offences under the Housing Act 2004. This shows how we calculate the amount.

Get tenants through us

You can avoid agency fees, choose your tenants and get a one-off cash incentive when you use our finding service, Lewisham Lettings Scheme.

Your responsibilities as a landlord

If you rent out accommodation you must ensure it is maintained in a safe condition.

Property licensing for houses in multiple occupation (HMOs)

Find out if your HMO needs to be licensed, and how to apply.

Request a bigger bin for your HMO

Request a bigger bin if you have an HMO.

Housing benefit and universal credit

​Find out what you need to know about housing benefit and universal credit as a landlord.

Grants for landlords

Private landlords who own rented properties ​can apply for a grant to help improve their properties.

Tell us about a change in your tenant's circumstances

Use this form to tell us about a change in circumstances that affects your tenant’s housing benefit.