Sports funding for people who compete at regional level or above
Who the bursary is for
You can apply for this funding if you are:
- a sportsperson
- currently on the Free Access to National Sportspeople (FANS) scheme.
The criteria for applying:
- you must be at least 8 years old
- you must live in the borough of Lewisham
- you must be competing at regional, national or international level in your chosen sport
- the sport must have a national governing body endorsed by Sport England
- you must be of amateur status
- you must be fully endorsed by their relevant National Governing Body (NGB) – with a supporting statement provided
- you must be fully endorsed by your (qualified) coach to be considered for funding – with a supporting statement provided.
The deadline for applications
The deadline for applications is 15 November 2019.
The conditions of the bursary
- appropriate recognition must be given to the Lewisham Sports Talent Bursary in any media coverage received by the individual
- funded individuals must agree to be involved in promotional material undertaken by London Borough of Lewisham in the promotion of the Lewisham Sports Talent Bursary
- (maximum 2 times in a 12 month period)
- funded individuals must provide a minimum of three good news stories or updates over a 12 month period from receipt of their grant
- funded individuals will be required to complete an end of year progress report stating their achievements.
Judging criteria for the bursary
- those applying for the bursary to support international achievement will take precedence over those seeking a bursary to support national achievement, and those seeking a bursary to support national achievement will take precedence over those seeking a bursary to support regional achievement
- priority will be given to those seeking a bursary to support achievement in our five main grants supported sports - basketball, boxing, football, swimming, tennis
- the panel’s decision is final.
How to apply
Fill in the form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your evidence. Incomplete application forms will not be submitted to the assessment panel. You can see an example of an application below.