Apply for funding to help cut carbon emissions
We are aiming to make Lewisham a carbon neutral borough by 2030. We are offering grants to groups looking to:
- generate renewable energy
- cut fuel consumption by adapting equipment already in use
- increase awareness and improve energy efficiency within your community.
Grants are available for:
- feasibility and business case development
- project implementation.
Groups eligible to apply
- community and voluntary groups
- faith and equalities groups
- social enterprises
- small-medium enterprises (including third-sector organisations and sole traders) which:
- employ fewer than 250 full-time employees
- have an annual turnover below £25m
- are no more than 25% owned by a parent company that does not meet the above criteria.
Projects that will be prioritised
The Lewisham Community Energy Fund will prioritise:
- collective action to reduce, manage and generate energy
- community-led projects of direct benefit to the local community
- action which will increase awareness and improve energy efficiency
- projects targeting homes affected by fuel poverty
- activity that complements existing work in the borough
- new approaches that will deliver measurable impacts for the borough.
There will be two opportunities to apply for this funding.
First opportunity to apply
- Deadline for submissions: 28 October 2019
- Feedback to applicants: 15 November 2019
- Deadline for signed funding agreements: 29 November 2019
- Projects undertaken: from 2 December 2019 to agreed completion date.
Second opportunity to apply
- Deadline for submissions: 9 December 2019
- Feedback to applicants: 10 January 2020
- Deadline for signed funding agreements: 24 January 2020
- Projects undertaken: from 27 January 2020 to agreed completion date.
How to apply
Download the prospectus and application form below. All application forms (Microsoft Word or PDF) must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the dates listed.