Become a London Living Wage employer
Paying the London Living Wage (currently £10.75 per hour) covers the costs of living in London.
We were one of the first UK local authorities to become an accredited living wage employer.
We are encouraging other Lewisham-based employers to become London Living Wage employers, to give employees in Lewisham a wage to cover the costs of living in London.
Why become a London Living Wage employer?
Paying the London Living Wage has many good effects on a business and its people, such as:
- increase in volume and quality of staff work
- lower employee absence
- happier and more adaptable staff
- better retention of staff
- increased ability of staff to provide for themselves and their families
- increased consumer awareness of the commitment of businesses to being ethical employers.
How to become a London Living Wage employer
Your Lewisham-based businesses can become a London Living Wage employer by registering interest with The Living Wage Foundation.