Reuse and recycling centre during the COVID-19 pandemic
We want to create a cleaner and greener Lewisham. We’ve written a new draft waste management strategy and need your views and opinions.
The recycling centre at Landmann Way is open to Lewisham residents.
You must book an appointment to enter the recycling centre. Due to high demand, you may also experience delays at the recycling centre.
What you can and can't bring to the centre
The centre is now a co-mingle site. All recyclables go in one container and will be separated off site.
ID and proof of address
Residents must provide a form of photo ID and proof of address, this is no longer restricted to an EU driving license.
ID must also be provided for Track and Trace purposes.
Examples of acceptable ID: passport, EU driving license
Examples of proof of address: council tax letter, recent utility bill/bank statement.
- listen to and respect the site staff
- observe the five mph speed limit
- observe the direction, information and warning signs
- use the walkways to put items into the containers.
- arrive at the start of your booked slot and depart by the end of the slot.
Please do not:
- remove items from the recycling centre
- try to throw things into the containers from any area other than the designated walkways.
- approach, touch or operate any machinery or plant
- smoke on site.
- You enter the site at your own risk.
- The site will be evacuated in the event of fire or emergency. The centre staff will give you instructions.
- Children and animals must stay inside vehicles.
- Staff will not be able to help you with your load, so please make sure you can manage it alone.
- Please ensure social distancing is maintained on site.
- Vans - four visits per year.
- We may inspect your load before you enter the centre and throughout unloading. All our staff have been trained in social distancing and carrying out risk assessments.
- You cannot park your vehicles outside of the site and walk items in. This could cause congestion outside the site and pose a significant health and safety risk.
- Trailers are not allowed.
- Open back vehicles are not allowed.
CCTV is in operation at the site. We will not share data collected on site outside of the council.
How to book
Use the link below to book a slot. The online booking site works best on Chrome.
You will be asked:
- your name
- your address
- your contact details
- your vehicle registration number
- the make of your vehicle
- the type of material you are disposing.
You can currently only book one slot per day due to high demand.
You can help keep services running smoothly by only visiting when it’s absolutely necessary and planning your visit carefully.
Important: Please note that you need to log in or create an account to book an appointment at Landmann Way.
Vans, pedestrians, and bikes:
Sunday–Friday, 8am–3pm. Last entry at 3pm.
Saturday, 8am–11am. Last entry at 11.30am.