Who needs to be fostered?
We want your help with improving our website so it is easier to use, and provides the information that residents need. Help us by filling in this short survey.
Children need to be looked after for a variety of reasons:
- Some children may need a period of time in care while a crisis at home is being assessed and support is being put in place.
- The parent may need extra support to help them parent successfully, and the children will need to be cared for in a foster placement while that is taking place.
- The parent may be unwell and have no family or friends to care for their children while they receive treatment.
- A parent’s dependence on drugs or alcohol may mean that they cannot put their children’s needs first.
- A parent is absent.
Children and young people who need to be fostered may:
- Be on their own
- Have disabilities
- Have siblings
- Be teenagers
- Be unaccompanied asylum seekers.