Changes to our planning service
Temporary changes to our Statement of Community Involvement and Scheme of Delegation
On 9 June 2020, the Strategic Planning committee agreed to temporarily amend our Scheme of Delegation.
The Scheme of Delegation now states that:
- Applications with five or more objections must go to the planning committee for decision. Previously, applications with three or more objections would go to the planning committee.
- Applications with an amenity society objection will be reviewed by the Chair who will decide whether it is referred to the planning committee for a decision.
- Applications with five to nine objections will be reviewed by the Chair who will decide whether it is referred to the planning committee for a decision. The changes to the Scheme of Delegation to be reviewed by the Strategic Planning Committee after a three month period following introduction.
On 10 June 2020, Mayor and Cabinet agreed changes to the Statement of Community Involvement to allow virtual meetings and more electronic communications.
The changes are as follows:
- Invitations to planning committee meetings, other communications and information relating to planning committee meetings (including publication of agendas) will be carried out electronically wherever possible.
- We will make it explicit that if you want to speak at planning committee meetings you need to register and submit a written copy of your speeche in advance of the meeting.
- A new online format for Local Meetings.
- We will review the changes to the Statement of Community after three months.
You can still submit an application, but it may take longer than usual to process. Applications can only be submitted via the planning portal or by emailing email@example.com.
Changes in construction opening hours
On the 13 May 2020 the Government issued a Ministerial Statement, following the publication of ‘Our Plan to Rebuild: the UK Government’s COVID-19 recovery strategy’ , which allows developers to request additional on-site construction working hours until 9pm Mondays to Saturdays for a limited period until 13 May 2021.
The Council will make a case by case appraisal on each developer request that is submitted and consider what variation to standard working hours conditions and Construction Management Plans is appropriate, taking into account the context of each individual site and the overarching importance of protecting residents amenity.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any changes.
Duty planner meetings
All face-to-face pre-application and duty planner meetings have been cancelled. Advice will now be provided via telephone or video call (appointment only). Planning officers may request up to date photographs of sites, rather than making a visit.
Design Review Panel meetings have been postponed or cancelled as appropriate.