Lewisham Council Homepage Skip navigation

Do you need a smaller home?

If your social housing property is too big, get support to move into a smaller, more manageable home with the Trading Places scheme.

Who can we help?

Any under occupying tenant living in the borough.

What do we do?

We provide a friendly support-based service to help under occupying tenants identify the best rehousing options available to them.  

Some things we can help with:

  • registering for Homesearch

  • bidding advice

  • registering for Housing Moves

  • registering for a mutual exchange and finding appropriate matches

  • liaising with landlords

  • liaising with housing benefit/welfare advisers

  • budgeting/debt advice

  • referrals to work focused organisations

  • providing information on other housing options out of London

  • support at viewings and through the moving process.

Find out about other housing options available to social housing tenants living in the borough.