Lewisham Private Sector Housing Agency during COVID-19
We are consulting on plans to implement a selective licensing scheme covering all privately rented properties in certain parts of the borough.
Lewisham Private Sector Housing Agency deals with:
- the licensing of HMO properties
- complaints about disrepair in privately rented homes
- complaints of illegal eviction and harassment.
House in multiple occupation (HMO) licensing
- You can make an application for a licence online.
- If you have already applied for a licence and you need to provide us with documents or information about people we have to consult with before we can issue you with a licence, send these to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If we have already inspected your property and you have not received a schedule of works, call 020 8314 6420. Alternatively, if you have the officer who inspected your property’s phone number, contact them directly.
- We have begun HMO licensing visits again. We will contact you before the visit to discuss how we can visit safely.
We can visit a property if it is essential to deal with a problem. Call us on 020 8314 6420 to discuss your situation and make an appointment if necessary. Please take videos and photos of the problems you are reporting and be prepared to email these to us.
Please tell us if you are self-isolating or have COVID-19 symptoms. We visit many people in their homes. Some of these people are vulnerable to COVID-19.
Harassment and illegal eviction
If you are being threatened with violence or someone is trying to force their way into your home, call the police.
We will come to your home to support and assist you. Please call 0208 314 9285.
Please tell us if you are self-isolating or have symptoms. Our officers visit many people in their homes. Some of these people are vulnerable to Covid-19.