Open day Thursday 21 July 2022
Come to our open day at the Granville Park Centre on Thursday 21 July from 1-7pm.
Meet with our specialist staff and find out about our autumn term programme of courses designed to help you improve your job prospects or to learn a new skill.
- take part in free drop-in activities and demonstrations
- you will also have the opportunity to view and purchase learners work produced on our courses
- find out about our new adult career, information, advice and guidance service
- talk to representatives from Lewisham Works and find out about how they are supporting unemployed residents into good jobs.
Enrol on the day and secure your course place for September.
Course Information, advice and guidance
Art, Pottery and Performing Arts - 1-7pm
Design, Media and Food - 1-7pm
Employability, Languages and Health 1-3pm
Fashion and Textiles - 1-3pm, 4-7pm
Floristry and Balloon Décor - 1-3pm, 4-7pm
Lewisham Works advisory team - 1-4:30pm
Maths - 3-5:30pm
Supported Learning - 3-4pm
Careers and employment information and advice
1-4:30pm - Meet our adult careers, information advice and guidance officer and find out about our free, impartial advice service, designed to help you take your next steps towards employment or a new career.
1-4:30pm - Meet Lewisham Works advisory team and find out how they support unemployed residents into good jobs.
1-7pm - Etching - Meet the tutor and learners. Watch them work and see our fantastic etching and printmaking facilities.
1-7pm - Health and wellbeing workshop. Enjoy an Indian head massage, hand or reflexology massage and find out about our wellbeing courses.
1-7pm - Watercolour demonstration and drop-in workshops.
1-3pm - Pilates core strength taster session. Each session lasts 30 minutes, starting at 1pm, 1:30pm,2pm, 2:30pm..
1-3:30pm - Upholstery taster session and course advice.
2-3pm - Soft furnishing taster session and course advice.
3-4pm - Hatha yoga and mindfulness taster drop-in.
3pm - Brockley Rise Singers perform.
4:30-5:30pm - Jewellery making demonstration and chat with tutor, Liz Pearson.
4:30-6:30pm - Floristry workshop, make a floral button hole.
5:30-6:30pm - The acting learners will be performing the play they have been working on this year.
6-7:30pm - Bread making demo, taste and chat with tutor, Terry McBride. Booking is required, book your place.
6-9pm - Meet the glasswork tutors and observe the learners working on their current projects.
Exhibitions and displays
On the Stairs Gallery
Quaggy Printmakers, a framed collection of members work leading from the ground floor up to the first floor.
In the Yard
- Fabric banner display from the print department.
- Glass work display with some items for sale. Meet the learners and tutors
- Take part in the 'Love Learning Locks, dry forest' display.
- Display of cakes from the cake decorating class. Learners will be selling a variety of cupcakes.
- ‘Is Our Love For Learning’, a collaborative project between ESOL and the Design and Media department.
Second floor landing
'Maths is Everywhere', a collaboration project between the Maths and Design department.
Display of work produced on Supported Learning and Mindlift courses.