Functional Skills Level 1 in English
On these courses you will:
- perfect your communication skills to suit audience and purpose
- read and understand fiction and non-fiction texts using persuasive language
- plan and write letters, emails, reports using appropriate grammar and punctuation.
You will be assessed in the summer term 2020. This involves:
- two externally marked exam papers in reading and writing
- two internally marked group discussions assessing speaking and listening.
Before you enrol you need to come to a pre-course assessment (PCA) where we will assess your skill level, discuss your goals and recommend the right course for you. These assessments take place throughout the year, please see the pre-course assessment page for upcoming dates and how to book.
See all our English courses.