Having trouble paying your council tax
We want to help residents keep up to date with their council tax payments.
If you're having trouble paying your council tax, talk to us. We can help you to access benefits or apply for reductions, and give you advice on managing debts.
There are a range of local and national debt advice agencies you can contact:
- Lewisham Plus Credit Union
- Crownsavers Credit Union
- Lewisham Disability Coalition
- Lewisham Multilingual Advice Service
- Lewisham Refugee and Migrant Network
- Citizens Advice
- Money Advice Service
- Christians Against Poverty
- National Debtline
If you continue to not pay council tax, we may use the law to recover arrears and any costs we incur.