How to help during COVID-19
Sign up to volunteer
Lewisham Local, Voluntary Services Lewisham, Lewisham Food Bank and Age UK Lewisham & Southwark are working with us and other local community partners to coordinate our response so that we can help the most vulnerable in our communities. Our response includes:
- The delivery of food and wider supplies to vulnerable individuals
- Telephone befriending and social isolation support
- Support to those who are looking to volunteer or assist directly in their local area
- The provision of accurate, up to date information
- Providing toolkits for community action to ensure that people are safe as they support each other.
Lewisham food bank
If you want to donate to Lewisham food bank contact the drop-off sites to see if they are open or have changed their opening hours.
NHS Volunteer Responders
The NHS Volunteer Responder scheme has been set up to support people who have been advised to shield themselves for 12 weeks.
Volunteers must be:
- aged over 18
- have no COVID-19 symptoms
- pass an enhanced DBS check.
They can help in four roles:
- Community Response Volunteer (collecting shopping, medication or other essential supplies for someone who is self-isolating, and delivering these supplies to their home).
- Patient Transport Volunteer (driving discharged patients to their homes).
- NHS Transport Volunteer (moving equipment, supplies or medication between sites).
- Check-In & Chat Volunteer (providing provide regular support calls to elderly people who are in isolation and at risk of loneliness).