Waste and recycling
Changes to services
Our waste and recycling service is currently operating a normal collection service.
The reuse and recycling centre at Landmann Way is open. You need to book a slot to visit.
Read more about the reuse and recycling centre, including how to book, who can use the centre, and how we are ensuring social distancing.
Ways you can help
- Check our website for updates on recycling collection where you live.
- Try to minimise the amount of rubbish, recycling and food waste you produce. Every bit you can reduce will make a real difference to maintaining a good service for everyone.
- If you’re self-isolating and feeling ill, put any personal waste like used tissues or cleaning cloths into separate plastic bags and double-bag them. Put these bags aside for at least 72 hours (3 days) before you put them into your external bin.
- Avoid doing clear-outs, which create more rubbish and recycling. Do not dispose of waste on a bonfire because the smoke causes air pollution and has potential health effects for you and your neighbours.
- Wash your hands regularly and maintain good hygiene when handling your rubbish and recycling. Keep your distance when the workers are doing their collections.