Lewisham Private Sector Housing Agency during COVID-19
Lewisham Private Sector Housing Agency are operating a reduced service to avoid spreading COVID-19.
Lewisham Private Sector Housing Agency deals with:
- the licensing of HMO properties
- complaints about disrepair in privately rented homes
- complaints of illegal eviction and harassment.
House in multiple occupation (HMO) licensing
- You can make an application for a licence online.
- If you have already applied for a licence and you need to provide us with documents or information about people we have to consult with before we can issue you with a licence, please send these to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If we have already inspected your property and you have not received a schedule of works please call 020 8314 6420. Alternatively, if you have the officer who inspected your property’s phone number, contact them directly.
- We are not carrying out property inspections for HMO licensing at present. If you have applied for a licence, no enforcement activity can be taken against you until your application has been granted or refused.
- We are not able to carry out inspections of properties unless the problems are severe enough to put residents and visitors at significant risk of harm. Contact us on 020 8314 6420 to discuss your situation. Please take videos and photos of the problems you are reporting and be prepared to email these to our officer.
- Please tell us if you are self-isolating or have symptoms. We visit many people in their homes. Some of these people are vulnerable to Covid-19.
Harassment and illegal eviction
- If you are being threatened with violence or someone is trying to force their way into your home, call the police.
- We will attend your home to support and assist you. Please call 0208 314 9285.
- Please tell us if you are self-isolating or have symptoms. Our officers visit many people in their homes. Some of these people are vulnerable to Covid-19.