Vaccination for COVID-19
The COVID-19 vaccine is safe and effective and gives you the best protection against COVID-19.
If you are in one of the following groups, you can book to get your vaccine:
- aged 45 or over
- frontline health and social care worker
- a main carer for someone at high risk from COVID-19
- have a learning disability
- clinically extremely vulnerable and clinically vulnerable, read more about the high or moderate risk categories.
If you are in one of these groups, visit the NHS website to book your free COVID-19 vaccine or call 119, free of charge.
Pharmacies offering the vaccine
There are now four COVID-19 vaccination clinics at pharmacies across Lewisham:
- Lewis Grove Pharmacy, Lewisham
- Lewisham Pharmacy, Lee
- Vantage Pharmacy at the South Lewisham Health Centre
- New Cross Pharmacy at the Waldron Health Centre.
If you're eligible visit the NHS website to book your free COVID-19 vaccine or call 119, free of charge.
How you can help
As plans progress in Lewisham, we all have an important part to play to help:
- when the NHS do contact you, make sure you attend your booked appointments
- continue to follow all the guidance to control the spread of the virus and save lives.
Criminals are using the COVID-19 vaccine to scam people.
The NHS will:
- never ask for payment - the vaccine is free
- never ask you for your bank details
- never arrive unannounced at your home to administer the vaccine
- never ask you to prove your identity by sending copies of personal documents.
Below are some useful links to information about the COVID-19 vaccination:
- Read about why you are being asked to wait for the COVID-19 vaccination on the Government's website.
- Read a guide to the COVID-19 vaccination for older adults on the Government's website.
- Read a guide to the COVID-19 vaccination for social care staff on the Government's website.
- Read about what to expect after the COVID-19 vaccination on the Government's website.
- Read a guide to the COVID-19 vaccination for women of childbearing age, currently pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding on the Government's website.
- Find answers to frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 vaccine on the NHS South East London Clinical Commissioning Group website.