Get the COVID-19 vaccine
The COVID-19 vaccine is safe and effective and gives you the best protection against COVID-19.
Who can get the vaccine
COVID vaccination is now available free to everyone aged 5 years and over, unless they are medically exempt.
There are some variations in the type of vaccine and number of doses recommended, according to age group.
- Everyone aged 5 and over can get a 1st and 2nd dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- People aged 16 and over, and some children aged 12 to 15, can also get a booster dose.
- People aged 12 and over who had a severely weakened immune system when they had their first 2 doses, will be offered a 3rd dose and a booster (4th dose).
- People aged 75 and over, people who live in care homes for older people, and people aged 12 and over who have a weakened immune system, will be offered a spring booster.
You can find detailed information about vaccination eligibility and recommendations on the NHS website.
Visit the NHS website to book your free COVID-19 vaccine or call 119, free of charge.
Many pharmacies in Lewisham run vaccination clinics. There are also regular and pop-up clinics at other venues in the borough.
You can find an updated list of vaccination clinics in the Lewisham section of the South East London NHS website.
You can also book a vaccination appointment. Visit the NHS website to book your free COVID-19 vaccine or call 119, free of charge.
Criminals are using the COVID-19 vaccine to scam people.
The NHS will:
- never ask for payment - the vaccine is free
- never ask you for your bank details
- never arrive unannounced at your home to administer the vaccine
- never ask you to prove your identity by sending copies of personal documents.
Read more about scams during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Find more information and advice about the COVID-19 vaccine.