Staying safe online during COVID-19
Learn about internet safety for children and young people and where to find advice.
It is likely that your child has increased their online activity during the coronavirus outbreak.
There is lots more information and support available on the following websites:
- Visit the NSPCC website for information about online safety.
- Visit the Barnados website for information on how to keep your children safe online.
- Visit the Think U Know website for information for parents on how to protect children from abuse on and offline.
- Download a parents and carers toolkit on how to make sure children have a happy and safe online experience on the Childnet website.
- Visit the Get Safe Online website for free up-to-date security advice.
- Read help and advice for families in a digital world on the Parent Info website.
- Find resources on web safety and privacy on BBC Webwise.
- Find out how to set up parental controls on most devices and game consoles on the Internet Matters website.
- Find age-based reviews and advice on apps, games, TV shows and films on the Common Sense Media website.