Lewisham Holiday Activities and Food Programme: Funding Opportunity
The programme will provide free activities and healthy food for school children and young people (aged 4-16 years) eligible for and in receipt of benefit related Free School Meals (FSM) during summer and Christmas school holidays.
The outcomes the programme aims to achieve are that children and young people who attend provision will:
- Eat more healthily over the school holidays
- Be more active during the school holidays
- Take part in engaging and enriching activities which support the development of resilience, character and wellbeing along with their wider education attainment
- Be safe and not socially isolated
- Have a greater knowledge of health nutrition and
- Be more engaged with school and other local services.
We are looking to award funding to a wide range of providers in Lewisham, including schools, voluntary, faith and community organisations, and other local and regional organisations and charities who can meet the aims and outcomes of the programme.
We are hoping to ensure that children across the borough have access to this programme, and will be looking for providers who can deliver in local wards or communities as well as providers who can deliver borough-wide.
Funding available for summer provision in Lewisham totals approximately £500,000.
Timeline and application process
Email Lewisham.Procurement@lewisham.gov.uk for an Application Form and Form of Tender.
Complete the Application Form and Form of Tender and submit by 11.59pm 9 June 2021.
Successful contracts awarded from 14 June 2021.
Provision will start from 26 July 2021.
If you have any questions, please email Lewisham.Procurement@lewisham.gov.uk
Read the supporting document for more information.