Terms and conditions for giving notice
- I / We understand that at least 28 full days’ notice must be given in order to marry or form a civil partnership. This may be extended to 70 days notice by the Home Office dependant on immigration status.
- I / We have carefully read the information and guidance on the website and understand the requirements needed to give notice to marry or form a civil partnership.
- I / We will bring all of the required supporting evidence to the appointment and understand only original documents can be accepted.
- I / We must bring a passport style photograph to the appointment if I/we are foreign nationals subject to immigration control.
I / We understand that if I/we have a divorce certificate issued outside of the British Isles, I/we will need to pay £75.00 for each document to be referred to the General Register Office for verification.
- I / We understand that a booking fee is payable for each partner and is non-refundable.
- I / We understand that a booking fee will convert to a notice fee once your notice has been accepted.
- I / We understand that if I/we wish to move or cancel the appointment, at least two full working days' notice must be given by email or telephone before the appointment date, and the appointment can only be moved once.
- I / We understand that if I/we do not meet the requirements or bring the required documents to my appointment, I/we will need to pay for and schedule a second appointment.