Booking an appointment to give notice to marry or form a civil partnership
- You must know where and when the ceremony will take place before your appointment.
- You must bring all the required evidence to your appointment – we can only accept original documents.
- You must give at least 28 days notice before your ceremony (this can be extended 70 days by the Home Office if you are subject to immigration control).
How to book an appointment
You can book an appointment to give notice using our online booking form. Please take time to read our terms and conditions before you complete the form.
Before you attend your appointment you will be expected to pay a non-refundable booking fee.
- £35 per partner for British and EEA nationals
- £47 per partner for foreign nationals, where one or both partners are subject to immigration control.
You will need to pay a booking fee when you book your appointment, which will become a notice fee upon attendance of your appointment. Booking fees are non-refundable.
- you must pay by credit/debit card when you book your appointment online
- cash payments cannot be taken online
- if you are making a cash payment, you will have to partially complete your booking by telephone.
We recommend that you complete your booking using a credit/debit card as the process is quick and straightforward.
Changing an appointment
If you would like to change or cancel an appointment, you must give at least two full working days notice before the appointment date. Any changes or cancellations made after this period will result in losing your booking fee.