Mayor of London and London Assembly Election 2021
The election was scheduled to take place on 7 May 2020. It will now take place on 6 May 2021.
Electors in Lewisham will be given three ballot papers:
- The Mayor of London. You will be able to make a first and second choice from the list of candidates
- London Assembly – Party List. Vote for a party to select the proportion that party receives of the 11 London-wide Party List Assembly Members
- London Assembly – Constituency. Vote for a candidate to represent our borough as the Greenwich and Lewisham Constituency Member.
Email to everyone on the register
- are currently on our electoral register
- able to vote in the GLA elections
- have given us your email address
You should have received an email from us reminding you that you are able to vote.
We want to make sure that as many people as possible vote in these elections. Registration, postal and proxy deadlines are listed below.
If you do not get an email it is either because:
- you are not registered
- you did not give us a valid email address.
The last date to register to vote in this election is midnight on 19 April 2021.
Postal vote deadline
The last date to submit a postal vote application is 5 pm on 20 April 2021.
Proxy vote deadline
The last date to submit a proxy vote application is 5pm on 27 April 2021.
Voting and COVID-19
We are encouraging voters to register to vote by post in the upcoming GLA elections. This is to lower the spread of COVID-19.