General election 2019
There are three Members of Parliament (MPs) to be elected to represent Lewisham constituencies of Lewisham Deptford, Lewisham East and Lewisham West and Penge.
Where you can vote
Find your registered polling station by entering your postcode in the polling station finder below or at www.wheredoivote.co.uk. Alternatively, you can download a list of all polling stations at the bottom of this page.
All deadlines for registration, postal and proxy votes for the general election on 12 December have now closed.
- The deadline for registering to vote was 26 November at 23.59pm.
- The deadline for applying for a postal vote was 26 November 2019 by 5pm.
- The deadline for applying for a proxy vote was 4 December 2019 at 5pm.
- The first issue of poll cards was sent by post on Monday 18 November 2019.
- The final issue of poll cards was sent on Monday 2 December 2019.
Replacement postal vote
We can’t replace or reissue postal votes until Friday 6 December.
If your postal vote hasn’t arrived by Friday 6 December you should call us on 020 8314 6086 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for a replacement. We will post out replacement postal votes every day, except for polling day itself.
We cannot cancel your postal vote and give you a proxy or polling station vote instead. A replacement postal vote is the only option. The deadline to apply for a replacement postal vote is 5pm on Thursday 12 December.
Collecting your replacement postal vote in person
If you prefer you can pick up your replacement postal vote from Catford Library, 1 Catford Road, SE6 4RU.
You will need to bring photo ID (e.g. passport or driving licence) and proof of address (e.g. a utility bill). You can ask someone else to collect it on your behalf but they must bring your ID. Replacement postal votes can be collected on the following dates:
- Friday 6 December, 9am–5.30pm.
- Monday 9 December, 9am–5.30pm.
- Tuesday 10 December, 9am–5.30pm.
- Wednesday 11 December, 9am–5.30pm
- Thursday 12 December, 9am–5pm.
You can then complete your postal vote and put it in a ballot box in our office.
Emergency proxy vote
If after 5pm on Wednesday 4 December 2019 you are unable to vote in person because you:
- have a medical emergency after 5pm on Wednesday 4 December 2019
- learn you cannot go to the polling station because of work reasons
You can apply to vote by emergency proxy. Completed applications must reach us before 5pm on Thursday 12 December. To request one call us on 020 8314 6086 or email email@example.com.
Who can vote
To vote in this election you must be registered to vote and:
- be 18 or older on 12 December 2019 and
- have British, Commonwealth or Irish nationality.
Who cannot vote
EU citizens who are resident in the UK are not eligible to vote in this election.