Vacancies in children's social care
Apply for a job in our children's social care team or sign up to receive emails about social work vacancies.
Working with children, young people or vulnerable adults
Our recruitment and selection procedures are designed to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults by ensuring that only suitable appointments are made.
Before applying for a position you should read our information for applicants working with children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Registering with Social Work England
To practice as a social worker in England, you must be registered with the regulator, Social Work England.
Things to remember:
- You must keep your registration up-to-date.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your registration is maintained to continue working legally as a social worker.
- You must meet the requirements for continuing professional development as part of maintaining your registration with Social Work England.
We offer excellent salaries and a range of other benefits for social workers. As of April 2021, our salary rates are as follows:
- newly qualified social workers £37,026
- social workers £40,503 to £42,510
- senior social workers £44,691 to £46,719
- advanced practitioners £50,757 to £52,806
- team managers £54,825 to £56,868
- group managers £58,995 to £63,393.
Apply for a current vacancy
Published on: 16/08/2017