Delivering and defending: health, social care and support
Ensuring everyone receives the health, mental health, social care and support services they need.
Healthy lifestyles are increasingly a way of life across all of our communities
- We will continue to promote healthy lifestyles by protecting free swimming and gym access for the over-60s.
- We will support The Daily Mile initiative for all our school children.
- We will get more businesses to sign up to Sugar Smart.
- We will make our sexual health services easier to access, offering choice and quality throughout the borough.
- We will work with schools and other providers to encourage accessible relationship advice and support for our young people.
All health and social care services are robust, responsive and working collectively to support communities and individuals
- We will establish Care at Home: a new publicly owned community-based care service.
- We will sign up to UNISON’s Ethical Care Charter to provide home care workers with the London Living Wage and better working conditions.
- We will work to achieve parity of esteem and fair funding for mental health services.
- We will lead work with our health and wellbeing partners and our communities, to ensure that Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups gain appropriate access to mental health services.
- We will continue to do our utmost to defend and deliver health and social care services that protect the most vulnerable in our borough.
- We will continue to develop as a dementia-friendly borough, and we will enlist more Dementia Friends.
Lewisham Hospital continues to provide the range of services our residents need
- We will continue to resist any attempts to close or downgrade Lewisham Hospital, its A&E and maternity services.
- We will continue to work closely with commissioners and providers of NHS services.