Businesses, voluntary sector and charities
It is still not clear how leaving the EU will affect businesses and charities in the UK.
Advice for businesses
You can also get advice on what Brexit might mean to your business from:
- Confederation of British Industry
- Federation of Small Businesses
- London Chamber of Commerce
- Institute of Directors
- British Chamber of Commerce
The Government also has advice on how UK businesses can get ready to export from the UK to the EU after Brexit, as well as import goods and services.
Actions businesses may need to take
Business owners and managers need to undertake a number of actions in order to be prepared for the UK transition. Click on each of the topic headings below to access more information about the new rules:
- Businesses that employ staff from the EU
- Businesses that import and export goods
- Businesses that deliver services between the UK and EU
- Businesses that have staff working between the UK and EU
- Businesses that transfer data between the UK and EU
In preparation for the end of the UK’s transition, importers or exporters to the EU can apply for £1,000 per organisation to support the cost of basic customs training.
Advice for charities and the voluntary sector
The National Council for Voluntary Organisations has produced research and guidance to help charities and the voluntary sector.