Swimming in the lake
Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, 7am–3pm.
Outside opening hours, the lake is monitored by CCTV.
We will continue to reassess the situation. We hope to extend the opening hours and the variety of activities on offer.
How to book
You must book your swimming slot beforehand.
Swimming slots are one hour long.
You can book your slot in various ways:
- book your swimming slot online
- call 07546403591
- email email@example.com and Pia will call you back to take your payment details.
Bookings open weekly on Saturday at 9am.
- Adult: £5 (£6 for non Lewisham residents)
- Child: £3 (£3.50 for non Lewisham residents)
- Family (five people with a maximum of three adults): £16
If you don't follow the rules, we may ask you to leave.
- You must be over 8 years to swim in the lake. Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- You must be able to swim 25 metres confidently. Please do not mislead us about your experience or ability.
- We recommend wetsuits when the water is below 14 degrees Celsius.
- All swimmers must wear a tow-float.
- Listen to all staff instructions.
Our social distancing measures are based on the two meter social distancing rule.
Only 60 people are allowed in the lake at any one time. 15 people can enter the lake at a time to prevent queuing.
You must have a pre-booked ticket.
- Do not come swimming if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Follow social distancing guidelines and stay two metres away from anyone outside your household.
- Follow the one-way system.
- A sheltered changing space is available for those without another way of changing. Maximum five people.
- Use hand sanitiser after touching anything whilst at the lake. When possible wash your hands with soap and water.
- Make sure you or a member of your own household brings your equipment.
Around the lake
- No spectators.
- No dogs
- Please put all litter in the bins. Let staff know if the bins are full.
- The lake is an open body of water. It is not a swimming pool.
- Open water swimming carries risks. Please be aware of your limits.
- The lake is cold. Be aware of the effects of cold water.
- Note that the edges are steep and slippery.
The lake is operated by PTP Coaching. Visit the PTP Coaching website to find out more about using the lake.
Getting to the lake
The park entrance closest to the lake is the Beckenham Hill Road gate.
We strongly advise lake users to walk or cycle to the park where possible. We are installing new bike racks near the lake this summer.
Car park space is limited. Read more about the car park and getting to the park.