Swimming in the lake
- Monday 7am to 3pm
- Tuesday closed
- Wednesday 7am to 3pm
- Thursday closed
- Friday 7am to 3pm
- Saturday 8am to 3pm
- Sunday 8am to 3pm
How to book
You must book your swimming slot beforehand.
Swimming slots are one hour long.
You can book your slot in various ways:
- Book your swimming slot online
- bookings and enquiries: 07736 930823
- email email@example.com with all your details, you will be sent a confirmation and invoice to be paid before arrival at the lake (your space will be cancelled the day before if unpaid)
Bookings open on a 7 day rolling system, meaning you can only book up to 7 days in advance with the exception of event days.
- Adult: £5 (£6 for non Lewisham residents)
- Child: £3 (£3.50 for non Lewisham residents)
- Family (five people with a maximum of three adults): £16
- Adult Monthly £35 (16+)
- Concessions Monthly (8-16 or 60+) £28
First time winter swimmers need to book an half an hour cold water swimming induction (£10).
If you don't follow the rules, we may ask you to leave.
- You must be over 8 years to swim in the lake. Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- You must be able to swim 25 metres confidently. Please do not mislead us about your experience or ability.
- We recommend wetsuits when the water is below 14 degrees Celsius.
- All swimmers must wear a tow-float.
- Listen to all staff instructions.
Our social distancing measures are based on the two meter social distancing rule.
- Only 60 people are allowed in the lake at any one time.
- Please ensure you are socially distancing yourself from swimmers and staff when arriving and whilst at the lake.
- You must have a pre-booked ticket.
- Do not come swimming if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Follow social distancing guidelines and stay two metres away from anyone outside your household.
- Follow the one-way system.
- A sheltered changing space is available for those without another way of changing. Maximum five people.
- Use hand sanitiser after touching anything whilst at the lake. When possible wash your hands with soap and water.
- Make sure you or a member of your own household brings your equipment.
Around the lake
- No spectators.
- No dogs
- Please put all litter in the bins. Let staff know if the bins are full.
- The lake is an open body of water. It is not a swimming pool.
- Open water swimming carries risks. Please be aware of your limits.
- The lake is cold. Be aware of the effects of cold water.
- Note that the edges are steep and slippery.
The lake is operated by PTP Coaching. Visit the PTP Coaching website to find out more about using the lake.
Getting to the lake
The park entrance closest to the lake is the Beckenham Hill Road gate. This is accessible by the 54 bus route, Beckenham Hill train station (5 minute walk)
Other options are;
Beckenham Place Park Gate is accessible by Beckenham Junction Train Station (15minute walk) or The Ravensbourne Gate is accessible by Ravensbourne Train Station (15 minute walk)
We strongly advise lake users to walk or cycle to the park where possible.
Car park space is limited. Read more about the car park and getting to the park.