Cancelled - Beckenham Place Park flower show
The flower show is a chance for anyone interested in gardening to get involved in a fun, competitive event.
We welcome entries from first timers and more experienced growers, and there are also categories for children and community gardens.
We’ve included a wide range of categories, from flowers to fruit and vegetables to arts and crafts.
Individual and community/collective garden entries will be judged together.
1. One vase of sweet peas (six stems)
2. One vase of roses (three to six stems – all the same or mixed varieties)
3. A fragrant rose (one bloom) – judged on scent only
4. Life cycle of a rose (one vase containing one bud, one specimen bloom and one open bloom)
5. One flower in a vase (any kind)
6. One vase of mixed garden flowers (maximum height of vase 25cm)
7. Any single pot plant (can be flowering or not)
8. Bonsai (one tree)
9. Floral display on the theme ‘rainbow’ (can be created using bought flowers)
10. Bunch or vase of craft flowers (made of paper, fabric or any other material in vase)
Fruit and herbs
11. One growing herb
12. Six pieces of soft fruit (all same type or mixed varieties)
13. Knitted fruit/vegetables (displayed on a plate, in a basket or similar)
Individual and community/collective garden entries will be judged separately.
14. Six radishes
15. Stem of ‘on the vine’ tomatoes
16. Any other vegetable (three large or six small vegetables)
17. Best ‘look-alike’ home-grown misshapen vegetable (eg naturally looking like an animal or person)
18. Best vegetable creature (person or animal made out of vegetables – can be shop-bought vegetables)
Each judged 7 years and under, 8–12 years and 13–18 years.
19. Flowers in a mug or vase
20. Garden on a plate
21. Most desirable bug hotel (without the bugs inside!)
22. Bunch or vase of craft flowers (made of paper, fabric, recycled materials or any other material in a vase)
23. Best vegetable creature (person or animal made out of vegetables – do not need to be home grown)
24. Creative plate: flower(s)/vegetable(s)/fruit draw or painted directly on to a paper plate
For more information email email@example.com.
Details on how to register will be available soon.