Privacy notice – Health and Safety
Our contact details
- name: Corporate Health and Safety Team
- address: Laurence House, 1 Catford Road, London SE6 4RU
- phone number: 020 8314 8351
- email: email@example.com
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information
- date of birth
- mental and physical health details, if applicable
- vehicle registration number, if applicable
- crime reference number, if applicable
What we do
We ensure accidents and incidents are recorded and acted upon to ensure provision of safe and suitable workplace for all.
We comply with health and safety requirements for reporting and recording work related accidents and incidents.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- there has been an accident, incident or near miss
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- insurance team, where there has been a claim on the Council
- union representatives, who are supporting their members
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- we have a legal obligation
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
We keep the name, date of birth and crime reference number if applicable for 10 years for adults and until pupils reach 21. We will then dispose your information by deleting it off the system.
Why we process your data
- service delivery
- service improvement
- service planning
- health and safety of employees and service users improvement
We may share this information with:
- Health and Safety Executive
- enforcement authorities
- education providers
- our insurers
- union representatives
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- your right to erasure - you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- your right to restriction of processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- your right to object to processing - you have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- your right to data portability - you have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
- you are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights - if you make a request, we have one month to respond to you
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at the address above.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk